Ineda Returns Policy
Effective Feb 12, 2019
Items shipped through ineda, can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment in most cases. Some products have different policies or requirements associated with them.
Depending on the seller’s return policy, and whether the item is as described, you may be able to return items you purchased on ineda. Here’s what to expect when you need to return an item.
How to return an item
Before you request a return, check the seller’s return policy in the listing for the seller’s return period and other information.
Depending on the item and the seller, you may have different return options. If an item is not as described, sellers on iNEDA must accept a return.
Things to keep in mind
- If you’re returning for “remorse” or “change of mind” reasons, make sure you request a return by the time specified in the Return policy section of the listing.
- If we ask you to contact the seller, work with the seller directly and follow their return instructions.
- If you’re returning an item for a refund, send the item back to the seller within five business days of requesting the return (with tracking).
- Return the item in the same condition as you received it.
Returning a Click & Collect item
If you collected the item and if the seller accepts returns (or the item doesn’t match the listing description – for instance it’s
broken or missing a part):
broken or missing a part):
- Items collected from the retailer – please return the item directly to the store. If the seller doesn’t resolve the issue, open a return request in ineda.
- Items collected from Woolworths/BIG W – you must start a return request and post the item back to the seller. You can’t return it to the “Simply Collect” collection point.
Return postage costs
Whether you or the seller is responsible for return postage costs depends on the seller’s return policy and the reason for the return.
If you’re returning an item because you changed your mind
In most cases, sellers require that buyers pay for return postage, but some sellers offer free returns – check the Return policy section of the listing.
If you’re returning an item because it isn’t as described in the listing
The seller is responsible for return postage costs. The seller may provide you with a return postage label or contact you to facilitate the return in another way. (This might include agreeing on the postage cost and arranging reimbursement, asking you to return the item to one of their stores near you, or arranging to have a courier pick up the item.) If you are unable to reach an agreement, you can ask us to step in and help.
Alternative return postage arrangements
In particular, you may need to contact the seller via the return request to make alternative arrangements when:
- Sending a return with insurance
- Returning multiple packages
- An item is outside the postal carrier’s guidelines
- Postage charges exceed the refund amount
- An item was delivered through freight or local pickup
Refunds when you’ve changed your mind
If you want to return an item because you’ve changed your mind, the item doesn’t fit, or you ordered it by mistake (what we refer to as ‘remorse’ reasons), your refund amount will depend on the seller’s return policy.
In these situations, you may not be refunded for:
Original postage – Original postage costs usually aren’t refunded if you’re returning an item for remorse reasons.
Return postage – Sellers may require you to pay return postage costs for a remorse return.
Restocking fee – If a seller has stipulated within their listing that re-stocking fees apply for remorse returns, they may deduct this fee from your refund.
Refunds when the item isn’t as described
If you return an item because it’s not as described in the listing, arrives damaged or is missing parts, then your refund should be the total purchase price, including original postage (if paid for by the buyer). The seller should also pay the return postage costs).
When will you receive your refund?
The seller should issue a refund within six business days of receiving the returned item.
Some sellers may offer you the option of returning an item for a replacement instead of a refund. A replacement is an item that is exactly the same as the original item was described in the listing.
When responding to the return request, the seller may ask you to return the item for a refund, and re-order the replacement item.
Some sellers may offer you the option of exchanging an item.
For exchanges – a different size or colour, for example – a seller may explicitly offer exchanges in their return policy. We ask that you contact the seller directly before starting a return. You can contact the seller through ineda.
The seller may ask you to return the item for a refund, and re-order the alternate item.
When to ask us to step in and help
Most returns and refunds go smoothly, but if a seller doesn’t respond to your return request, or doesn’t send you a replacement or a refund when they said they would, you can ask us to step in and help.
We guide you to the correct timing as part of your return request with ineda, but for reference:
- The seller has three business days from the request to respond to your request or offer a solution. If the seller doesn’t respond or offer a solution, you can ask us to step in and help.
- If the seller offers a refund but doesn’t issue it within six business days of receiving the returned item (or within six business days of the estimated delivery date for the returned item if no tracking is used), you can ask us to step in and help. You have 10 business days to do this after the seller’s time to issue a refund has passed.
- If the seller offers a replacement but doesn’t send it within five business days of you starting the return, you can ask us to step in and help. You have 14 business days to do this after the replacement deadline has passed or the day the original item was returned to the seller, whichever is later.
Frequently asked questions about returns
What should I do if I missed the seller’s return time frame?
If you’ve missed the deadline to start a return, you can contact the seller to see if the seller is willing to accept a late return. Use Messages in ineda when contacting the seller to keep a record of your conversation.
Why is it my responsibility to organise sending the item back?
As you have the item, it’s your responsibility to return the item to the seller in order to obtain a refund. You may be entitled to separately recover postage charges, but without returning the item back to the seller (unless the seller allows you to keep the item), you won’t be entitled to receive a refund for the item.
What happens if I started a return request but didn’t post the item back in time?
We ask that you send back the item to the seller within five business days. If six business days have passed since you started a return for a refund, and you haven’t sent the item yet, contact the seller to see if they’re still willing to accept your return. Use Messages in ineda when contacting the seller to keep a record of your conversation.
I returned an item but haven’t received a refund. What should I do?
If it’s been six business days since the returned item was delivered to the seller and the seller hasn’t refunded you, you can ask us to step in and help.
Important: If you sent the item later than the seller’s stated time frame, we don’t require the seller to issue a refund.
Why did I receive a refund that’s less than what I paid for the item?
Sellers can deduct a restocking fee for items returned for ‘remorse’ reasons, if they stipulated this in the Return policy section of the listing.
What should I do if I sent back an item, but the seller never received it?
We typically allow a little extra time for delivery. After sufficient time has passed, and the seller still hasn’t received your returned item, you can ask us to step in and help.
I need to return more than one item in my order. How do I do that?
You have one opportunity to return an item or multiple items for each transaction, depending on the listing:
- Lots, sets and bundled items – You have one opportunity to return the entire quantity of the sale.
- Multi-quantity listings – You have one opportunity to return any quantity of purchased items.
- Items from multiple listings from the same seller – You have one opportunity to return each item individually.
Misuse of returns:
If we determine that you’ve abused returns on ineda, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits on buying and selling privileges and account suspension.
- Selecting an inaccurate reason for return.
- Disregarding item conditions required for return.
- Requesting an excessive number of returns.
Copyright 2019 ineda Pty Ltd | All Rights Reserved